Essential Oils/Aromatherapy can be added as an accompaniment to any therapeutic massage, providing a guest with a highly enjoyable and beneficial enhancement to any session from a LaVida Massage Center. Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants for healing. Although the word makes it sound as if the oils are only inhaled, they can also be massaged into the skin. Whether inhaled or applied on the skin, essential oils are gaining new attention as an alternative treatment for infections, stress, and other health problems. While there are several different methods, aromatherapy accesses and cultivates the unique qualities of different essential oils in order to help relax the mind, body, and soul during a LaVida Massage Session. There is nothing contrived or artificial about aromatherapy; everything used in the process comes from a natural resource, and the rejuvenating effects of Aromatherapy cannot be dismissed. Smell correlates most strongly to the human sense of taste, can benefit those with asthma or breathing problems, and has been clinically proven to activate the most obscure human memories; the power of smell is mysterious and highly beneficial!
Included is a list of LaVida Massage Essential Oils and the benefits associated with each:
- Peppermint: Asthma, colic, exhaustion, fever, flatulence, headache, nausea, scabies, sinusitis, vertigo
- Lavender: Stress, anxiety, sadness, agitation, allergies, asthma, chicken pox, colic, depression, ear aches, insect bites, migraines
- Eucalyptus: Arthritis, bronchitis, cold sores, colds, coughing, fever, flu, poor circulation, sinusitis
- Tea Tree: Antiseptic, anti-fungal, infection-reducing, rashes, burns, dandruff, acne, lice, warts, insect bites, psoriasis
- Lemon: Cleansing, purification, digestion, cough relief, nausea, depression, stress, insomnia, asthma, colds
- Tangerine: Antiseptic, sedative, anti-coagulant, anxiety, circulation, dizziness, energy, digestion, bacterial infections, anger
We also offer our LaVida Massage custom blends:
- Headache: An effective blend of our pure Peppermint and Lavender essential oils specifically formulated to naturally relieve all types of headaches caused by tension, stress, anxiety and migraines.
- Sinus: Our powerful, pure essential oils are carefully formulated to naturally relieve stress related tension and headaches as well as mental fatigue. This blend is great to use for an instant pick-me-up for sharper concentration and mental focus throughout the day.
- Loving Life: Using essential oils to give your life a little love, this sweet floral citrus blend is a simple way to feel naturally lovable.
- Life in Focus: Want balance in your life? Our Life in Focus blend is perfect to add balance and focus to any environment.
- Happy Life: With a citrus and light herbal scent, this blend uplifts, refreshes and energizes. A great way to brighten up any dull day.
Essential oils are available at your local LaVida Massage Center.
Please contact your local LaVida Massage Center for more information.
Find a LaVida Massage Center near you!
Applying the Methodology
One of the most common and effective applications is the direct inhalation method. What makes this application so beneficial is that the client does not have to worry about an inadequate amount of essential oils being released by aerial diffusion - also referred to as environmental fragrance. During the direct inhalation method, the therapist will place the correct and measured amount of Essential Oil on a cotton ball or tissue that is then placed under the face cradle (during a Massage Session). This is especially popular for Essential Oils that are intended to assist with respiratory or sinus ailments as well as the psychological benefits of a good smell! It is important to be very careful while practicing this application if you have a history of nasal problems or allergies.
Another common practice is to mix the oil into the guest's massage lotion and apply the mixture topically. Because some oils are powerful enough to burn the skin, this sort of topical application is not available for all essential oils. Please consult your therapist if you have questions about how to best utilize Essential Oils and Aromatherapy during your Session.
Some of the benefits of Essential Oils/Aromatherapy include: assistance regulating both male & female hormones, relief of menstrual cramps, stimulation of the Immune System, a decrease in congestion, relief of tension headaches, Improved Energy, relaxation of muscles, reduction of inflammation, improved sleep, aiding digestion, and improving blood circulation. Of course, the recipe and method of application will differ to achieve different outcome and benefit.
Finding the right Blend
Identifying the right blend of essential oils allows for the maximum benefit and fragrant composition during your Essential Oil/Aromatherapy enhancement. They smell great and the blend can literally amplify the positive effects of a guest's therapy and session! Our skilled therapists will help to identify the prefect blend that works for our guests and meets all of their needs. Aromatherapy is considered a craft and requires training and years of experience to perfect. What better way to put a guest at ease, relax, improve the mood or even help to provide a better night's sleep than utilizing the positive effects of Aromatherapy. LEARN MORE about Your Body on Massage